Medical Alert Service Dogs
Thank you for your interest in our Medical-Alert Service Dogs. In consideration of your time, we ask that you review the following minimum requirements before taking the first step in our process.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- You must live within a 3-hour drive of D4D’s Nylabone Training Center in Concord, CA.
- You must be 12 years old to be placed with a Medical-Alert Service Dog. We do provide Diabetes Buddy Dogs for children under 12.
- You must be a non-smoker and live in a smoke-free environment.
- You must be insulin-dependent for a minimum of 12 months before submitting your application.
- You are proactively managing your diabetes and insulin treatment under the guidance of your doctor.