Dogs for Diabetics, Inc. (D4D) is pleased to provide information regarding its financial operations and stewardship of the donations received from donors and supporters. We value the support that allows us to fulfill our mission to the diabetic community.
The Board of Directors has approved various policies and internal controls to administer its financial affairs. They include an annual audit by an independent professional accountant. D4D conforms to all disclosure requirements from the IRS, California Tax authorities and the California Attorney General.
The CPA firm of Regalia & Associates is the company’s independent auditor and has issued unqualified opinions regarding the financial statements for each fiscal year-end since June 30, 2009.
- D4D is a 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation, chartered in California.
- Its Federal Identification Number is 20-2250869
- Federal Tax Form 990 is prepared by Regalia & Associates and is filed annually.
- D4D’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Financial Statement and Auditor’s Report
D4D Audited Financial Statement FYE 6-30-17
- Federal Tax Form 990
D4D Fed Form 990 FYE 6-30-17
- IRS Tax Status Affirmation Letter
IRS Letter July 2018
All officers and directors are volunteers and receive no salary or any other compensation or benefits for their services.
- D4D pays competitive salaries and provides health care benefits to its professional staff.
- The Administrative and Development Ratio for FYE 6/30/2017 was 14.1%, improved from 16.9% at 6/30/16. This ratio shows that D4D uses 85.6% of its funding directly to Program Services and not to overhead.
- Please go to GuideStar, and search for Dogs4Diabetics or Dogs for Diabetics, Inc. for further disclosures about our program. GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. D4D is a Gold Level Participant with GuideStar.