New Home Location: 1300 Willow Pass Court, Concord, CA 94521
Dogs4Diabetics (D4D) is getting a new home. We will be moving in after our public open house which is currently scheduled for Saturday, September 16th. Save the date and follow our event calendar for further details.
This means so much more to us than a new building. It’s an opportunity to expand our current programs, enhance our outreach, and better serve our clients across a larger geographic area. It means we can save, empower, and transform more lives than ever before. It means we can say “yes” to more diabetic children and adults in need of our services. This new home represents inspiration, hope, change, and a lasting positive impact in the diabetic community.
Follow the progress and construction updates below…
Did You Know?
- D4D’s current space is 1,500 sq ft. The new center will be 5,500 sq ft.
- The current capacity for dogs-in-training is 12. The new space will hold 18 to 24 dogs.
- The new space will initially include 5 separate areas to simultaneously work with 5 dogs without distractions.
- The new space will be able to address multiple simultaneous meetings or conferences.
- We will be able to hold events with 100+ people at a time.
- We will have a fenced outdoor area for dogs and activities.
- Volunteers will have areas to complete projects, introduce dogs and training programs to visitors.
- We will initially have 2 bathrooms with a 3rd potentially available upstairs in the expansion area.
Update: May 17th, 2017
Things are movin’ and shakin’ at D4D’s new home… we have drywall, paint and lighting done! Next week we’re getting floors… yeah buddy! We are so excited with the progress of our new home and can’t wait to get moved in and serving the larger diabetic community.
Update: April 14th, 2017
D4D’s new home is taking shape… we’ve got drywall going up! Watch out because after that it’s paint, flooring, and furniture… we can’t wait to move in and get busy serving the larger diabetic community!
Update: February 28th, 2017
We’re so excited to share… our new home is coming along and making some serious progress! The electrical, plumbing, A/C and sprinkler system is nearly complete. Next step… dry wall baby! Before you know it our new home will be done and ready for move in – yipeee!
This new home means so much more to us than a new building. It’s an opportunity to expand our current program, enhance our outreach, and better serve our clients across a larger geographic area. Stay tuned for more exciting updates…